We are reviving an exciting opportunity which we hope will encourage and inspire existing and new members to develop their acting skills and their knowledge of stagecraft and the theatre generally.
From 5 December and then on every first Wednesday of the month the actors’ workshop will be held at our workshop in Oakes from 7.30pm – 9.30pm. Directions to the workshop can be found on our ‘contact us’ page.
There will not be a set, formal programme, but each session will be planned and led by a different person. Some of the ideas for sessions which are in the planning stage are:
- Interpretation of characters;
- Improvisation on character interpretations;
- Preparing for auditions/monologues;
- Working together: exploring dualogues and working on a particular scene;
- Vocal ranges and expression;
- Actors as detectives: words versus ideas and dramatic subtext;
- Emotions and how to express them;
- Blocking – what is it and how does it work?
All ideas are welcome, as are people with all levels of experience. We are particularly hoping to welcome new members. The main emphasis will be on developing practical acting skills but we intend that there will be opportunities to review recently-seen plays and, if possible, to have short inputs from guest speakers with discussion as part of an evening’s activity.
We look forward to seeing you and welcoming you on the night. Mulled wine and mince pies will be served!
If you have any questions, please contact Patrick Hibbin, email@example.com