Our Next Production Now Sold Out
We are celebrating the life of Shakespeare with an exciting outdoor production – for the first time in 94 years! From 7-10 July, 6.30pm-9.45pm each evening we will be performing five classic scenes from Shakespeare’s best-loved plays: Romeo & Juliet, Twelfth Night, Henry V, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and Macbeth.
The last time that Huddersfield Thespians performed in Greenhead Park was in 1922 with a production of ‘The Knight of the BurningPestle’.
How does it work?
- Get your free ticket from the Lawrence Batley Theatre, 01484 430528 or www.thelbt.org
- Meet at the Conservatory Cafe near the main gates at 6.30pm on 7,8, 9 or 10 July. You will be greeted by the Mistress of Ceremonies and our stewards.
- Have a drink. The Conservatory Cafe will be open at the start of the show.
- Set off with the Mistress of Ceremonies for a tour of the park and scenes from Shakespeare’s best-loved plays.
- Alternatively, get a ticket and drop into the performance at a time that suits you:
The first scene, from Romeo and Juliet will be performed at the bandstand (starting around 6.45pm).From there it is a short walk to the Ramsden Fountain for Twelfth Night (starting around 7.15pm) and then onto the war memorial for Henry V (starting around 7.55pm.) A 20 minute interval follows and the audience will then drop into A Midsummer Night’s Dream (starting around 8.40pm) at the grove of trees near the Italian garden before finishing with Macbeth (at around 9.05pm) by the rose garden.
- Enjoy! This is performance as Shakespeare intended: outdoors and for everyone.
Any questions? Contact email@example.com
Image shows Joe Geddes as Bottom. Image (c) David Wright